This week’s video is GET EVEN by Australian singer and rapper The Kid LAROI, and featuring American singer-songwriter GIVĒON.
GET EVEN is LAROI's latest single and follows SLEEP, which came out in August. He released his 2nd studio album BEFORE I FORGET in January and a deluxe edition in April, as well as several singles from it.
As with SLEEP, I think GET EVEN is a stand alone single. Both songs were recorded for the original version of LAROI's 2nd album (then titled WATCH THIS!). As I mentioned in a previous post, he decided to scrap it and record a new one, which was largely inspired by his break-up with girlfriend Canadian singer Tate McRae.
In turn, a couple of songs on the deluxe edition of Tate's 3rd album SO CLOSE TO WHAT???(released last November, following the original’s February 2025 release) are thought to be about LAROI.
GET EVEN was released on 18th September. Although the song marks the first time that LAROI and GIVĒON have worked together, it's not actually a new track, having been recorded in 2022. It's an R'n'B song with a chilled, slightly melancholy vibe and the music video (shot on the beach) is suitably moody!
The Kid LAROI fan? Check out these posts:
Current Favourite Songs (features the visualisers for COME DOWN and RATHER BE feat. Lithe from BEFORE I FORGET): https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2026/06/current-favourite-songs.html
New Music Releases (includes the music video for his last single SLEEP): https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2026/08/new-music-releases.html
Comments
Post a Comment