Skip to main content

Weekly Music Video

Today's video is Last Day of Summer by British singer Katy B and British DJ and record producer Jax Jones.

It's been a while since Katy has released music. Her last release (apart from singles) was the EP Peace and Offerings (her 4th) in November 2021 and her last album was Honey in April 2016. She brought out one single from the Peace and Offerings- Under My Skin which was released in August 2021.

Katy's most recent singles prior to this one were Avalanche and Dreamstate with Wilfy D (released in July 2025 and January this year respectively).

For more on Katy, visit my Top 10 Female Singers post (she is No. 10 on the list): https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2015/02/top-10-female-solo-singers.html

Jax (real name Timucin Lam/Timucin Fabian Kwong Wah Aluo) started making music at a young age and posted music online on Myspace in the early days of his career. His breakthrough came in 2014, when he featured on fellow British DJ and record producer Duke Dumont's single I Got U. Released in March that year, it reached No.1 in the UK and was successful elsewhere.

In the next couple of years, Jax released two more singles- Yeah Yeah Yeah a House Work featuring American DJ and record producer Mike Dunn and British singer MNEK. He released his debut EP Snacks in November 2018. It was expanded and became his debut album Snacks (Supersize), released in September 2019.

To date, Jax has released two more EPs-Midnight Snacks (Part 1) in 2019 and Deep Joy (2021). His other singles include quite a few collaboration with other artists, such as You Don't Know Me feat. RAYE, Ring Ring featuring Mabel and Rich the Kid, One Touch with Jess Glynne, Where Did You Go? featuring MNEK, and Pulling Me Back.

Last Day of Summer is the latest single for both Katy and Jax, and marks the first time the two artists have worked together. Described as a sun-soaked anthem that captures the bittersweet energy of summer's final moments, the dubstep inspired track sees Katy returning to her musical roots. If you're a long time Katy fan like myself,  you'll remember her early songs such as Katy On a Mission, Lights On featuring rapper Ms. Dynamite and Crying for No Reason.

Last Day of Summer was released on 27th August. It's fitting for this time of year, as summer comes to an end (for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere). It has been a record breaking summer here in the UK with several heatwaves (which actually started in late spring). However, these past few days it's been colder and rainy, and is now feeling more like typical September temperatures! 

 


Katy B fan? Check out this post:

Music video for the 2023 single Paradise with DJ collective Kings of the Rollers (also features links to more music): https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2023/05/weekly-music-video.html

 

And more on Jax visit these links:  

Official website:  https://jaxjones.co.uk/

Official FB page: https://www.facebook.com/OnMyJaxJones/

Official Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jaxjones/

Official YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@jaxjones

 

P.S. If (like me) you're not quite ready to let summer go, check out my recent Summer Songs Round-up 2022-2026 post: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2026/08/summer-songs-round-up-2022-2026.html 



 

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Music Video

Sorry there wasn't a 2nd post last week, I was going through a bit of a stressful time and didn't manage to get one finished. :) This week's video is I CONDEMN by Australian singer and rapper The Kid LAROI . It was the first single from the deluxe version of his second album BEFORE I FORGET. The original album was released in January and the deluxe version came out on 24th April. It contains 9 extra tracks, including  I CONDEMN and latest single PIECES. I wasn't aware that there was a deluxe version until I saw that some new songs had appeared on Spotify! I like BEFORE I FORGET and my favourite songs from the original version are ME + YOU, JULY,  COME DOWN and RATHER BE featuring Australian rapper and singer Lithe . One of my fave songs on the deluxe version is QUIT YOU, and I also like HOLD STILL and I CONDEMN. The newest single PIECES came out on out the same day as the album. I CONDEMN was released on 17th April. As with the songs on the original BEFORE I FORGET, it...

South Indian Videos

I've written several Bollywood posts this year but I don't feature South Indian music/films as much. So today I'm sharing some music and dance videos from Tollywood ( the Telugu language film industry) and Kollywood (the Tamil language film industry). :) Oo Antava Mawa- Pushpa- Dance Cover by Sonali First up is a dance cover of the song Oo Antava Mawa..Oo Oo Antava from the 2021 Tollywood film Pushpa: The Rise- Part 1 . I previously featured a dance cover of Oo Antava Mawa in a Dance Videos post in August last year. That one is by Rang De and you can see it here: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2023/08/dance-videos.html This cover is by Indian choreographer Sonali Bhaduria, from LiveToDance with Sonali and was uploaded in January 2022. It's a shorter video.   For more on Pushpa and to watch the official Oo Antava Mawa video, check out my Tollywood Videos Round-up 2 post from September 2023: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2023/09/tollywood-videos-round-up-2.html ...

The Book of the Sea (stories)

I'm doing an extra post this week because I just finished a collection of stories I've been working on for ages. It's called The Book of the Sea because they're based around the sea. :)  Sacrifice , one of the stories I've previously shared, is included in the collection. You can read The Book of the Sea here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xjIopKVerikJS8uh_ZDeLDQx0VpX2fGav40suI41tjo/edit?usp=sharing Hope you enjoy it. :)