Skip to main content

Weekly Music Video

This week's video is Best Behavior by Canadian R'n'B duo Majid Jordan (made up of Majid Al Maskati and Jordan Ullman) and featuring British singer Clementine Douglas. It's from Majid Jordan's 5th studio album Two Roads, which was released on 28th August.

Two Roads follows their previous album Good People/Afterhours which came out in November 2023. It was preceded by the lead single Cold and 2nd single See You Again, (released in May and June respectively). Majid Jordan describe it as their "most immersive and fully realised work to date". 

To date, they have released two more singles- the title track on 21st August and Strangers on 28th August.

Side note: It's now 10 years since I first featured Majid Jordan on the blog! I didn't realise it had been so long, lol. 

Best Behavior is one of my favourite songs from Two Roads (others include Have I Gone Too Far?, Rather Be With You and Dream). It's an R'n'B synth pop song and puts me in mind of an 80s track that would be played on the radio in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City! Clementine's vocals are a good fit. 

This is the official visualiser, which was uploaded on the same day that the album came out. It features Majid and Jordan cruising along in a car, which goes with the vibe of the song.

 


 

Also check out the visualiser for their latest single Strangers (which I like as well): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwwLo72zMO4 


Stream/buy Two Roads here: https://ovo-majidjordan.ffm.to/tworoads

And watch all the visualisers for the album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRPJyGBtj6w&list=OLAK5uy_m2H0teHEwIpGHDXzr4f_Vvz4VyJxTlgf4

 

Want more Majid Jordan? Check out these posts: 

Music video for the 2023 single Hands Tied (from Good People/After Hours:  https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2024/01/weekly-music-video_24.html 

Valentine's Vibes! (includes the lyric video for Violet, also from Good People): https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2026/02/valentines-vibes.html

 

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Music Video

Sorry there wasn't a 2nd post last week, I was going through a bit of a stressful time and didn't manage to get one finished. :) This week's video is I CONDEMN by Australian singer and rapper The Kid LAROI . It was the first single from the deluxe version of his second album BEFORE I FORGET. The original album was released in January and the deluxe version came out on 24th April. It contains 9 extra tracks, including  I CONDEMN and latest single PIECES. I wasn't aware that there was a deluxe version until I saw that some new songs had appeared on Spotify! I like BEFORE I FORGET and my favourite songs from the original version are ME + YOU, JULY,  COME DOWN and RATHER BE featuring Australian rapper and singer Lithe . One of my fave songs on the deluxe version is QUIT YOU, and I also like HOLD STILL and I CONDEMN. The newest single PIECES came out on out the same day as the album. I CONDEMN was released on 17th April. As with the songs on the original BEFORE I FORGET, it...

C-pop Saturday

Time for another instalment of my semi-regular series C-pop Saturday! Today I'm sharing some Chinese pop,R'n'B and dance. :)   MEME- Wei Xian Ren Wu First up is Wei Xian Ren Wu by Taiwanese girl group MEME (also written as ME ME). It consists of 5 members- Xiao Feng,  Xiao Ti, Strawberry and An Ru. I believe their Chinese name is a homophone of "secret", which, according to info on their  YouTube channel , "evokes a sense of mystery and reflects the members' commitment to innovate and bring unpredictable surprises to their audience" through their work.  Please note: I used Google Translate, so I hope this information is accurate! :) MEME debuted in June 2024 with the single MY BLACK EYES. To date they have released two more singles- Seaside Tour in February this year and Tian Kong Qing Niao (Bluebird in the Sky/Sky Bluebird) in April. Individual members have also released songs.  The title of this song is written in Chinese but I think that the Roma...

South Indian Videos

I've written several Bollywood posts this year but I don't feature South Indian music/films as much. So today I'm sharing some music and dance videos from Tollywood ( the Telugu language film industry) and Kollywood (the Tamil language film industry). :) Oo Antava Mawa- Pushpa- Dance Cover by Sonali First up is a dance cover of the song Oo Antava Mawa..Oo Oo Antava from the 2021 Tollywood film Pushpa: The Rise- Part 1 . I previously featured a dance cover of Oo Antava Mawa in a Dance Videos post in August last year. That one is by Rang De and you can see it here: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2023/08/dance-videos.html This cover is by Indian choreographer Sonali Bhaduria, from LiveToDance with Sonali and was uploaded in January 2022. It's a shorter video.   For more on Pushpa and to watch the official Oo Antava Mawa video, check out my Tollywood Videos Round-up 2 post from September 2023: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2023/09/tollywood-videos-round-up-2.html ...