This summer has been a hot one in the UK so far! Last month I wrote a post sharing Dance in Public videos with summer themes. Now as we move into late summer, I thought I'd carry on the theme. :)
I've written quite a few summer themed posts on the blog over the years and I've also done a couple of posts rounding them up. You can see them below:
Summer Songs Round-up: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2020/06/summer-songs-round-up.html
Summer Songs Round-up 2020-2021: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2021/07/summer-songs-round-up-2020-2021.html
My last round-up was in 2021, so today I'm featuring the summer posts since then, plus a few new songs. :)
Summer Vibes!: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2022/07/summer-vibes.html
More Summer Vibes!: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2023/07/more-summer-vibes.html
Vibes for Your Summer!: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2024/07/vibes-for-your-summer.html
Island Vibes!: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2024/08/island-vibes.html
Late Summer Vibes!: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2025/08/late-summer-vibes.html
Dance in Public- Summer Vibes!: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2026/07/dance-in-public-summer-vibes.html
BINI- Blush
Filipina girl group BINI released the single Blush in April. It's their most recent single and is from their 3rd EP Signals (also released in April).
Blush follows Bini's tradition of being the "Summer Queens" of P-pop (Pinoy/Filipino Pop) due to releasing summer themed music. It's described as an "anthem for a summer crush". Watch the music video here: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2026/05/weekly-music-video_070673828.html
B Young- Meet Me Halfway
British rapper and singer B Young's latest single is Meet Me Halfway. It's a chilled R'n'B and Afrobeats song with summer vibes. The music video (which premiered in May) fits the theme too. I featured it as a Weekly Music Video in June: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2026/06/weekly-music-video.html
ERA ISTREFI x LEDRI VULA- VEQ TI
Kosovo Albanian artists Era Istrefi and Ledri Vula released the single VEQ TI last month. Era has describe it as a sound of the summer and the music video also has summery vibes. It was last week's music video: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2026/08/weekly-music-video.html
Ayra Starr- Hot Body
Last summer Nigerian singer Ayra Starr released the single Hot Body. I didn't actually discover it till September though (when the music video came out).
Hot Body is an Afrobeats song that also has dancehall and pop influences and is about bodily freedom and body confidence .It was a stand-alone single at the time but I believe it will be included on her upcoming 3rd studio album Starr Girl (the follow-up to her 2024 album The Year I Turned 21) which is set for release on 14th August.
The music video (which premiered last September) features Ayra and back-up dancers on a boat and the beach. Perfect for summer! :) Some people have mentioned that it's reminiscent of the late Aaliyah's music video for Rock The Boat (which is No. 3 in my Top 10 Summer Songs post from 10 years ago!).
Ayra has just had major surgery but is recovered and appeared on The Today Show in America yesterday (7th August) to perform and talk about her new album. Glad to hear she's feeling better! :)
Hope you liked the post! :) What songs are you listening to this summer? Or which songs make you think of summer?
Comments
Post a Comment