Skip to main content

More Chillout Songs

A year ago, when we'd all been going through a stressful time in the world, I wrote a post called Chillout Songs. I shared the music that helps me to relax. You can read it here: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2020/06/chillout-music.html

As things still continue to be stressful in 2021 (although perhaps slightly better), I'm sharing more chillout music today! :) 

 

A.CHAL- Pink Dust

Last year I featured Pink Dust by the Peruvian American singer A.CHAL as a Weekly Music Video. The song has a laid-back vibe and the video is slightly "trippy"! You can watch it here: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2020/09/weekly-music-video_16.html

 

Jhené Aiko

I recommend basically anything by Jhené Aiko for chillout vibes! In last year's Chillout Music post I linked to several of her songs and also featured the music video for Magic Hour. Here are a couple more of her songs.

 

Surrender feat. Dr. Chill

This is one of my fave Jhené songs of the last year and features vocals from Dr. Chill aka her dad Karamo Chilombo! It has a relaxed spacey vibe and if you listen to the lyrics (especially Dr. Chill's speaking part), it has a thought-provoking message.

Surrender is from  Jhené's 3rd studio album Chilombo, released last year. This is the official audio. Please note that the song is explicit. :) 

 



Summer 2020

Last July Jhené released the single Summer 2020. It was one of my favourite songs of the summer and I still have it on my iPod now! Since we could all still do with relaxation and summer is also coming up soon (I hope that summer 2021 will be better than last year's!), I thought it was a good fit for the post.  Check it out here: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2020/07/weekly-music-video_22.html

 

In last year's post I noted that the music used for Summer 2020 was sampled from American soul/jazz/disco band Kool & the Gang's 1975 instrumental Summer Madness. I actually first heard it in the video game Grand Theft Auto: Vice City! Here is a direct link to Summer Madness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SFt7JHwJeg

The track was also sampled for Kickin' Back by Jhené's sister Mila J  (another great summer song!), A Girl Like You by Aaliyah and Treach, and the classic Summertime by Will Smith and Jazzy Jeff's . Check out Summertime in my Top 10 summer Songs post from 2016: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2016/08/top-10-summer-songs.html


Tinashe- Wrong

American singer Tinashe also sampled Summer Madness for Wrong (produced by Canadian record producer and DJ Ryan Hemsworth), which appeared on her 2015 mixtape Amethyst.  I've been listening to the song again recently and picked up on the similar music! 


ZAYN

British singer Zayn (full name Zayn Malik), former member of One Direction turned solo singer, also has chilled music. In December 2019 he released his 2nd album Icarus Falls and my favourite songs on there are Stand Still and Imprint. Stand Still in particular has a dreamy vibe. Check out this post to listen to them: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2019/01/new-zayn-album.html

Another good one is his single from January, literally called) Vibez!  Find it in this post: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2021/01/new-music-for-2021-part-1.html

Or directly on YouTube here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSpgaN3wuag

 

Alina Baraz

Another person who I would recommend for chillout music is Alina Baraz. I updated the Chillout Music post to link to her debut album It was Divine, but I thought I'd share the link again here: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2020/04/alina-baraz-debut-album.html

 

I Don't Even Know Why Though

This is another song of Alina's from her first EP The Color of You (2018). I'd been listening to it on Spotify for a while and decided to buy it the other month.


 

I also just heard Maybe with Swedish producer Galimatias (someone mentioned it in a comment on the I Don't Even Know Why video) and that's a good one too. It's from the 2015 EP Urban Flora. Listen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN6umKRoUf4

 

AAA presents RELAXING TIME: Deep Sleep, Stress Releaf , meditation

Finally, here is a piece of music which features songs by Japanese co-ed pop group AAA turned into healing music! I found it a while ago and saved it to my Favourites playlist on YouTube. The other night I listened to it in bed and it helped to relax me.

The music is good for deep sleep, stress relief and for meditation.

Please note: Like many of the meditation and relaxation music, it's not officially endorsed by medical professionals, so please take care when listening. If you're experiencing mental health and/or physical symptoms, insomnia, it's best that you consult a doctor. :) 

Note: Avex videos are blocked from being shown on third party applications. If you click on the video, you can watch it fine on YouTube. :)

 


Hope you enjoyed the post and felt calmer! :) As with the first post, most of these songs aren't necessarily classed as "chillout" but they definitely have aspects of it. Which songs help you relax?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

25th Anniversary of Mariah Carey's Butterfly Album

My favourite singer Mariah Carey recently released a 25th anniversary edition of her 6th studio album Butterfly. The original album was released on 16th September 1997 and featured songs such as her hit single Honey, The Roof and My All. It was actually the first album I ever bought (on cassette tape, lol) and I still consider it one of my fave MC albums. :) Butterfly was the first album that Mariah had more control over and it is R'n'B, rather than the pop (and later pop/R'n'B) of her previous releases. It also has pop and hip hop influences.  The expanded edition contain 8 extra tracks (the original standard edition has 12)- a duet version of Whenever You Call with Brian McKnight , a new take on The Roof featuring Brandy , live versions of Butterfly and My All, acapella versions of Fourth of July and Outside, an Amorphous Anniversary Club Mix of Butterfly (with DJ Amorphous ) and a remix of Honey (Another Taste of Honey David Morales Mix). I had previously heard the

New J.Lo and JoJo Music

Two singers I like, Jennifer Lopez and JoJo have new music out, so today I'm sharing it on the blog! Jennifer Lopez- Baila Conmigo First up is Jennifer Lopez, whose new song is the Spanish language Baila Conmigo (Dance with Me). It's a cover of the 2018 single by Dayvi featuring Kelly Ruiz . Watch the video with the original mix here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZM52M6cfSA Baila Conmigo (J.Lo version) came out on 10th October. This is an audio but if there's a music video later, I'll update the post. :) Want more J.Lo? Check out these posts: Spanish language songs: Dame Lyrics and Translation: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2016/04/jennifer-lopez-dame-lyrics-and.html Video for Amor, Amor, Amor: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2017/11/weekly-music-video_15.html Spanish song Al Anillo and Dinero:  https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2018/05/new-jennifer-lopez-music.html 50th bday post: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2019/07/happy-50th-b

Debut XG Mini Album

Japanese girl group XG have released their 1st mini album. It's called NEW DNA and was released on 27th September. XG (whose name is short for Xtraordinary Girls) made their debut in March last year and have brought out 7 singles so far- Tippy Toes, MASCARA, LEFT RIGHT/SHOOTING STAR double single), GVRL GANG , TGIF, NEW DANCE and PUPPET SHOW. The first 3 songs (or 4 including the double single) aren't on the mini album. The concept behind NEW DNA is that of being a "new species" free from conventions and limitations .  Although the group is Japanese, their creation was inspired by Korean music and they are based in South Korea. They have released songs in English so far and have been described as a global group and "X-pop". NEW DNA consists of 6 tracks- HESONO, X-GENE, GVRL GANG, TGIF, NEW DANCE and PUPPET SHOW. It is an R'n'B/pop mini album with influences from other genres, such as K-pop, dance and hip hop. My favourite song is PUPPET SHOW. I al