Skip to main content

Top 10 Koda Kumi Songs

I've done Top 10 lists for my favourite singers Mariah Carey and Jennifer Lopez, so I thought I'd do one for my favourite Japanese singer Koda Kumi as well. Here are my Top 10 Koda songs. :) (I call her Koda sometimes because I'm used to the first name being first, although I know it's the other way round in Japan).


Update 21/9/18: Avex videos are now blocked from being shown on third party applications. If you click on the video you can watch it fine on YouTube. :)


1. feel

This is my favourite Koda song. :) It's from the album BEST~second session~ (2006). It was released as a single on 11th January 2006 as part of her 12 Singles Project (where she released one single every week for 12 weeks). feel was No 6 in the project and got to No 1 in the Japanese singles chart.  It was my Weekly Music Video in March 2013.

feel is one of a series of interlinked videos in which 3 men tell stories about the women in their lives. Kumi plays each of the women. The others are You, Lies and the final one Someday, which ties all the videos together.



                                      



This is the official AVEX upload but they don't tend to post full videos, here's a link to the full version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu4fX_-m3Rs





2. Trust You

This song is from Kumi's 4th studio album Secret (2005) and is my second favourite of her songs. I featured it as my Weekly Music Video in January 2012.


Update 13/8/16:
The original video had gone so I had to replace it. This is Avex's upload and not the full song.


                                        


3. Lies

Lies is another one of the series of videos featuring Kumi as different women. (See feel above). It was No 5 in the 12 Singles Project and came out on 4th January 2006.



                                         


This is the short version. You can see the full version here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFg_g31WLq8



4. Shake It

Shake It is on Secret. It wasn't released as single. The video has a belly dance theme, although Kumi and her dancers aren't doing many belly dance moves. :) Apparently the lyrics are explicit (this video has an English translation)! I didn't know it was so sexual but it's not really surprising considering the video, lol.



                                  




5. Candy feat. Mr Blistah

This was on the album BEST~ second session and is Koda's second belly dance themed video. Candy was No 7 in the 12 Singles Collection and was released on 18th January 2006.

Update 5/12/20: Original video was removed, so I've replaced it with the 20th Year full version. :)








6. JUICY

JUICY is from Kumi's 5th studio album Black Cherry (2006) and was on her first quadruple A-side single 4 Hot Wave, which was released on 26th July 2006. The other songs are Ningyo-hime (Mermaid Princess), I'll Be There and With Your Smile. 4 Hot Wave is her best selling single to date.

Juicy is part of a series of linked videos with the main storyline being Kumi in pursuit of treasure. In this video she's after the treasure map that a group of men have in a bar.




                                     



7.  This is not a love song

This is not a love song features on Kumi's 7th studio album (2009). I couldn't find the video for it online, so I've posted one where she performs it on her live tour in October 2009.



Update 24/2/18: This video is gone and I can't find one to replace it. :( Will update if/when I find a new one.



8. Amai Wana

This song is on Kingdom, Kumi's 6th studio album (released in 2008). According to info on Wikipedia it translates as "Sweet Trap".

There was only one version of this on YouTube, so I've linked to JPopsuki instead, because it has a better quality version.

                                                     Amai Wana

Update 5/12/20:
Here it is on YouTube:

 


 


 9.  Himitsu

Himitsu (Secret) is from Kingdom. I tend to prefer Koda's faster songs to the ballads but I like some of them and this is good. :)








10. Under is from Kingdom. It has a good beat. :)





                                            


 

Bonus


WON'T BE LONG ~Red Cherry Version~

There are two versions of this on the Black Cherry album, called Black Cherry and Red Cherry My favourite is the Red Cherry one. Looking it up now I see that WON'T BE LONG was originally a song that Kumi did with Japanese boyband  EXILE and it's different from both of the versions on the album. The song was originally sung by a Japanese band called  Da Bubblegum Brothers.

I wanted to included this song is my Top 10 but there are no videos for it, so I put it as a Bonus. :)  You can watch the original version here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAISLcT8acM



That's it. Hope you like the list! :) What is your favourite Koda Kumi song?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

25th Anniversary of Mariah Carey's Butterfly Album

My favourite singer Mariah Carey recently released a 25th anniversary edition of her 6th studio album Butterfly. The original album was released on 16th September 1997 and featured songs such as her hit single Honey, The Roof and My All. It was actually the first album I ever bought (on cassette tape, lol) and I still consider it one of my fave MC albums. :) Butterfly was the first album that Mariah had more control over and it is R'n'B, rather than the pop (and later pop/R'n'B) of her previous releases. It also has pop and hip hop influences.  The expanded edition contain 8 extra tracks (the original standard edition has 12)- a duet version of Whenever You Call with Brian McKnight , a new take on The Roof featuring Brandy , live versions of Butterfly and My All, acapella versions of Fourth of July and Outside, an Amorphous Anniversary Club Mix of Butterfly (with DJ Amorphous ) and a remix of Honey (Another Taste of Honey David Morales Mix). I had previously heard the

New J.Lo and JoJo Music

Two singers I like, Jennifer Lopez and JoJo have new music out, so today I'm sharing it on the blog! Jennifer Lopez- Baila Conmigo First up is Jennifer Lopez, whose new song is the Spanish language Baila Conmigo (Dance with Me). It's a cover of the 2018 single by Dayvi featuring Kelly Ruiz . Watch the video with the original mix here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZM52M6cfSA Baila Conmigo (J.Lo version) came out on 10th October. This is an audio but if there's a music video later, I'll update the post. :) Want more J.Lo? Check out these posts: Spanish language songs: Dame Lyrics and Translation: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2016/04/jennifer-lopez-dame-lyrics-and.html Video for Amor, Amor, Amor: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2017/11/weekly-music-video_15.html Spanish song Al Anillo and Dinero:  https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2018/05/new-jennifer-lopez-music.html 50th bday post: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2019/07/happy-50th-b

Debut XG Mini Album

Japanese girl group XG have released their 1st mini album. It's called NEW DNA and was released on 27th September. XG (whose name is short for Xtraordinary Girls) made their debut in March last year and have brought out 7 singles so far- Tippy Toes, MASCARA, LEFT RIGHT/SHOOTING STAR double single), GVRL GANG , TGIF, NEW DANCE and PUPPET SHOW. The first 3 songs (or 4 including the double single) aren't on the mini album. The concept behind NEW DNA is that of being a "new species" free from conventions and limitations .  Although the group is Japanese, their creation was inspired by Korean music and they are based in South Korea. They have released songs in English so far and have been described as a global group and "X-pop". NEW DNA consists of 6 tracks- HESONO, X-GENE, GVRL GANG, TGIF, NEW DANCE and PUPPET SHOW. It is an R'n'B/pop mini album with influences from other genres, such as K-pop, dance and hip hop. My favourite song is PUPPET SHOW. I al