Skip to main content

IT Remake

I've been hearing about the IT remake for ages and now it's actually getting closer! lol. It's a film remake of the 1990 TV mini series IT, which was based on the book by Stephen King. If you were a child/teenager in the 90s you probably remember seeing it in the video shop like I did, lol. The book tells the tale of 7 kids who battle Pennywise, the evil clown/interdimensional demon! Check out my post on the TV version here: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2015/10/halloween-films.html

While I'm a fan of the mini series I've never read the book. I've been planning to read it for ages but not got round to it. I've seen people online saying that the book is better than the TV version. I think in the new movie they may have bits that were in the book but weren't in the 1990 version. From what I've seen so far the basic storyline seems similar, although it's set in 1989.  The mini series has two parts, it's set in 1960 when the kids are aged around 12 and then 30 years later when they're adults. There may be a second film in future.

Pennywise who was played by Tim Curry in the original, is played by Bill SkarsgÃ¥rd, son of  Swedish actor Stellan and brother of Alexander (most well known for playing Eric in vampire series True Blood and the title role in the new Tarzan).Their mum My SkarsgÃ¥rd acts as well.

Here's the first trailer:




It looks good, creepy! To be honest I wasn't sure about the casting of Bill Skarsgård when I first heard about it because he seems a bit young to pull off the character of Pennywise (given the full name Pennywise the Dancing Clown in the film). I thought the same thing when I heard about the original actor rumoured to be taking the part, Will Poulter from The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, one of the Narnia films. Tim was 44 when he played It. I suppose Bill isn't that young though, he's 26. And the most important thing is how good an actor someone is. :) He seems to fit the part from what I've seen so far.

The trailer shows one of the best bits in the mini series, where Bill's little brother Georgie encounters It while chasing his paper boat on a rainy day. I'm looking forward to seeing it, although I may not like as much as the original which was the case with the 2011 remake of Fright Night! It will probably still be entertaining though.

IT is due out in the UK on 8th September, the same date as in the US.


Can't wait that long? Visit these links for more on the film:

Official UK FB: https://www.facebook.com/ITMovieUK/

Another Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/StephenKingsItRemake/

Movie guide: http://www.fuse.tv/2016/08/stephen-king-it-movie-complete-guide-pennywise

Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_(2017_film)




P.S. I'm trying out a new theme on the blog. Hope you like it! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

25th Anniversary of Mariah Carey's Butterfly Album

My favourite singer Mariah Carey recently released a 25th anniversary edition of her 6th studio album Butterfly. The original album was released on 16th September 1997 and featured songs such as her hit single Honey, The Roof and My All. It was actually the first album I ever bought (on cassette tape, lol) and I still consider it one of my fave MC albums. :) Butterfly was the first album that Mariah had more control over and it is R'n'B, rather than the pop (and later pop/R'n'B) of her previous releases. It also has pop and hip hop influences.  The expanded edition contain 8 extra tracks (the original standard edition has 12)- a duet version of Whenever You Call with Brian McKnight , a new take on The Roof featuring Brandy , live versions of Butterfly and My All, acapella versions of Fourth of July and Outside, an Amorphous Anniversary Club Mix of Butterfly (with DJ Amorphous ) and a remix of Honey (Another Taste of Honey David Morales Mix). I had previously heard the

New J.Lo and JoJo Music

Two singers I like, Jennifer Lopez and JoJo have new music out, so today I'm sharing it on the blog! Jennifer Lopez- Baila Conmigo First up is Jennifer Lopez, whose new song is the Spanish language Baila Conmigo (Dance with Me). It's a cover of the 2018 single by Dayvi featuring Kelly Ruiz . Watch the video with the original mix here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZM52M6cfSA Baila Conmigo (J.Lo version) came out on 10th October. This is an audio but if there's a music video later, I'll update the post. :) Want more J.Lo? Check out these posts: Spanish language songs: Dame Lyrics and Translation: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2016/04/jennifer-lopez-dame-lyrics-and.html Video for Amor, Amor, Amor: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2017/11/weekly-music-video_15.html Spanish song Al Anillo and Dinero:  https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2018/05/new-jennifer-lopez-music.html 50th bday post: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2019/07/happy-50th-b

Debut XG Mini Album

Japanese girl group XG have released their 1st mini album. It's called NEW DNA and was released on 27th September. XG (whose name is short for Xtraordinary Girls) made their debut in March last year and have brought out 7 singles so far- Tippy Toes, MASCARA, LEFT RIGHT/SHOOTING STAR double single), GVRL GANG , TGIF, NEW DANCE and PUPPET SHOW. The first 3 songs (or 4 including the double single) aren't on the mini album. The concept behind NEW DNA is that of being a "new species" free from conventions and limitations .  Although the group is Japanese, their creation was inspired by Korean music and they are based in South Korea. They have released songs in English so far and have been described as a global group and "X-pop". NEW DNA consists of 6 tracks- HESONO, X-GENE, GVRL GANG, TGIF, NEW DANCE and PUPPET SHOW. It is an R'n'B/pop mini album with influences from other genres, such as K-pop, dance and hip hop. My favourite song is PUPPET SHOW. I al