Skip to main content

New Dua Lipa Album

British Albanian singer Dua Lipa has just released her debut album self titled album. It feels like I've been waiting for this for ages! lol. It came out yesterday (2nd June) but I originally thought it was going be released in February.

Note: This post refers to the Deluxe edition.


I like the album but I think I was expecting to like it more, or rather like the new songs more (ones I haven't already heard). I've heard quite a few of them already and bought a couple on iTunes last year (Last Dance and Be The One). So those two are my favourites and also New Love and Blow Your Mind (Mwah). I also like Lost In Your Light featuring American singer Miguel. I don't like Hotter Than Hell or Room For 2 so much but Thinking Bout You has a nice, chilled out vibe. Out of the songs I'd never listened to until yesterday, I like New Rules, and Dreams best and Genesis and Begging are quite good as well. I may get the album in future since I only have 2 of the songs from it so far and I do like quite a few. If not, I'll just buy individual songs on iTunes. So now here are a few of my faves. :)

First of all here's Last Dance which was I featured as my Weekly Music Video in March 2016. It was the first song of Dua's I'd heard, although it was actually her third single: http://starsparklex.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/weekly-music-video_23.html


For New Love (her debut single) and Be the One check out this post: http://starsparklex.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/more-dua-lipa-videos.html

Be the One was re-released at the beginning of the year with a new video. You can watch it here:
http://starsparklex.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/new-music-releases.html


Then here's Blow Your Mind (Mwah), the audio: http://starsparklex.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/weekly-music-video.html



Here's the official video for Lost In Your Light featuring Miguel. I first heard this in April and didn't like it so much, but I've found it's grown on me. :) The chorus is catchy and sticks in my head.




                              



This is New Rules. It's an "album visual" so there's a video to go with it.




Update 21/9/18: Realised I hadn't linked to the New Rules music video from last summer, so here is is: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2017/07/weekly-music-video_26.html


And finally here is Dreams. The video for this is also an album visual.




Listen to the full album on Spotify: Dua Lipa Spotify



Do you like Dua Lipa (the album)? What are your favourite songs?



Want another new release? Check out this post:

http://starsparklex.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/new-mabel-ep.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

25th Anniversary of Mariah Carey's Butterfly Album

My favourite singer Mariah Carey recently released a 25th anniversary edition of her 6th studio album Butterfly. The original album was released on 16th September 1997 and featured songs such as her hit single Honey, The Roof and My All. It was actually the first album I ever bought (on cassette tape, lol) and I still consider it one of my fave MC albums. :) Butterfly was the first album that Mariah had more control over and it is R'n'B, rather than the pop (and later pop/R'n'B) of her previous releases. It also has pop and hip hop influences.  The expanded edition contain 8 extra tracks (the original standard edition has 12)- a duet version of Whenever You Call with Brian McKnight , a new take on The Roof featuring Brandy , live versions of Butterfly and My All, acapella versions of Fourth of July and Outside, an Amorphous Anniversary Club Mix of Butterfly (with DJ Amorphous ) and a remix of Honey (Another Taste of Honey David Morales Mix). I had previously heard the

New J.Lo and JoJo Music

Two singers I like, Jennifer Lopez and JoJo have new music out, so today I'm sharing it on the blog! Jennifer Lopez- Baila Conmigo First up is Jennifer Lopez, whose new song is the Spanish language Baila Conmigo (Dance with Me). It's a cover of the 2018 single by Dayvi featuring Kelly Ruiz . Watch the video with the original mix here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZM52M6cfSA Baila Conmigo (J.Lo version) came out on 10th October. This is an audio but if there's a music video later, I'll update the post. :) Want more J.Lo? Check out these posts: Spanish language songs: Dame Lyrics and Translation: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2016/04/jennifer-lopez-dame-lyrics-and.html Video for Amor, Amor, Amor: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2017/11/weekly-music-video_15.html Spanish song Al Anillo and Dinero:  https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2018/05/new-jennifer-lopez-music.html 50th bday post: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2019/07/happy-50th-b

Debut XG Mini Album

Japanese girl group XG have released their 1st mini album. It's called NEW DNA and was released on 27th September. XG (whose name is short for Xtraordinary Girls) made their debut in March last year and have brought out 7 singles so far- Tippy Toes, MASCARA, LEFT RIGHT/SHOOTING STAR double single), GVRL GANG , TGIF, NEW DANCE and PUPPET SHOW. The first 3 songs (or 4 including the double single) aren't on the mini album. The concept behind NEW DNA is that of being a "new species" free from conventions and limitations .  Although the group is Japanese, their creation was inspired by Korean music and they are based in South Korea. They have released songs in English so far and have been described as a global group and "X-pop". NEW DNA consists of 6 tracks- HESONO, X-GENE, GVRL GANG, TGIF, NEW DANCE and PUPPET SHOW. It is an R'n'B/pop mini album with influences from other genres, such as K-pop, dance and hip hop. My favourite song is PUPPET SHOW. I al