Skip to main content

Emraan Hashmi Songs

I'm a fan of the Bollywood actor Emraan Hashmi and like quite a few of the songs from his films, so I thought I would feature a few of his videos today. :)

First of all here is Aashiq Banaya Aapne from Aashiq Banaya Aapne: Love Takes Over which was probably one of the first films I saw Emraan in. The main playback singer is Himesh Reshammiya and the female singer is Shreya Ghoshal. The story is about Karan (played by Sonu Snood who also acts in Tollywood) who is secretly in love with his friend Sneha (played by Tanushree Dutta). When Sneha meets Karan's old friend Vikram aka Vicky (Emraan) she gets together with him and they get engaged. But when she finds out that Vicky has been seeing other woman she breaks off the engagement. Afterwards Sneha is harrassed and turns to Karan for support.

In this video Vicky and Karan are spending the night together for the first time. Emraan has a bit of a reputation for kissing in films, which isn't common in Bollywood!



                               





Then here's Tuhi Meri Shab Hai from Gangster (2006), in which he played Akash. It's about former bar dancer and gangster's girlfriend Simran (Kangana Ranaut) who falls in love with Askah while separated from her boyfriend Daya (Shiney Ahuja). I haven't seen this but I like the song. It's sung by KK.





This is Afsana Banake Bhool Na Jaana from 2006 film Dil Diya Hai, a 2006 film about a couple who meet in London after Neha (Geeta Basra) misses a train. Emraan plays Sahil, the man she falls in love with. It was made by the same people who made Aashiq Banaya Aapne. Really like this song. The male part is sung by Himesh and the female part by Tulsi Kumar.






Geeta Basra starred with Emraan again in The Train: Some Lines Should Nevr Be Crossed (2007). It's a reamake of the Jennifer Aniston and Clive Owen film Derailed about a man who cheats on his wife. Emraan is Vishal, a businessman who lives in Bangkok in Thailand and cheats on his wife with Roma (Geeta) and then is blackmailed by a criminal. I've seen both and I much preferred The Train.

Here's Woh Ajanabee. The singers are Mithoon and Shilpa Rao. Shilpa sang Malang from Dhoom:3, along with Siddharth Mahadevan.






Next up is Zara Sa from Jannat: In Search of Heaven (2008), where Emraan is Arjun, a gambler who becomes involved with the mafia. It's part'y based on the American film Gambler. There is a sequel called Jannat 2 but I'm not sure how many videos I've seen from that. I'll look them up.

 In this video Arjun proposes to his girlfriend Zoya (played by Sonal Chauhan). KK sings this one too.





And finally here is Maahi from the 2009 Raaz- The Mystery Continues (sequel to Raaz). I saw the first Raaz years ago when they showed Bollywood horror films for Hallowe'en. The others were Bhoot (Ghost/Spirit, I think) and Darna Mana Hai (Fear is Forbidden). In this film Emraan plays artist Privthi who draws a picture of a girl and then discovers she is real, she is a model named Nandita (played by Kangana Ranaut who also starred with Emraan in Gangster). He learns that his paintings are tellung Nandita's future. I'd like to see this sometime and the third one Raaz 3: The Third Dimenson as well. Random fact: Emraan worked as an assistant director on the first Raaz!

The playback singer for Maahi is Toshi.



Hope you like the songs! There are more I could feature but it would turn into a really long post, lol. I may post more in the future. :)


If you'd like more Emraan check out my posts on songs from Awarapan:

Mahiya: http://starsparklex.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/weekly-music-video.html

Toh Phir Aao: http://starsparklex.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/weekly-music-video_18.html

Tera Mera Rishta: http://starsparklex.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/weekly-music-video_21.html


Also here is  Emraan in the new music video for the song Main Rahoon Ya Na Rahoon by Indian singer Armaan Malik. His brother Amaal composed the song. The woman in the video is actress Esha Gupta.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

J Soul Brothers (Japanese boyband)

I don't know that many Japanese boybands. It's funny but I mostly know Korean groups and Japanese solo singers! I know KAT-TUN, Arashi (although they're more of a rock group, I think) and Hey! Say! JUMP but not many more. A friend recently introduced to me the band (or vocal and dance unit) J Soul Brothers, so I thought today I'd do a post about them. And of course it fits into the J-pop and K-pop theme I'm doing this month! This is a good opportunity to find more J-pop boybands too. :)


The J Soul Brothers were originally formed in 1998 but have gone through two line-up changes. The current incarnation- full title Sandaime (Third Generation) J Soul Brothers from EXILE TRIBE* or J Soul Brothers III- was formed in 2010 by HIRO who is the leader of Japanese boyband EXILE (which has an impressive 19 members!) and founding member of the First Generation J Soul Brothers.  It was decided that EXILE and former Nidaimie (Second Generation) J Soul Brothers members NAOTO and …

Dance Videos

It's time for another dance post! I thought I'd feature both modern dance and belly dance today. :)


First of all here are a couple of dance videos by choreographer Rumer Noel. This is one to Everyday by Ariana Grande that was uploaded in January. According to comments on YouTube the man dancing with Rumer at the beginning is called Lucas la Parada.



Dance Moms- Chloe Update

Series/Season 7 of American reality show Dance Moms is currently showing in the UK and I recently heard that one of the original dancers Chloe Lukasiak will be returning for the finale.

Chloe and her mum Christi weren't liked by the dance teacher and studio owner Abby Lee Miller and Christi often clashed with Abby. They left at the end of Series 4. Abby treated Chloe horribly in my opinion, once referring to her as "that girl over there" instead of her name. I always disliked the way Abby punishes the girls if she falls out with their mothers. Also Abby seemed to want to Chloe to fail in competitions, which was weird because she was one of her students representing her!! I think she just wants to be proven right a lot of the time. Chloe was my favourite out of the original girls (Chloe, Maddie, Nia, Mackenzie, Brooke  ans Paige, although Kendall joined quite early on) and I was glad for her when she finally left because she didn't have to put up with being treated li…